Almost mid-December! And my Christmas preparations are not progressing at all. Not at all. I am hoping things to calm down a little bit after this weekend once I get the research paper done, and last finals completed. Probably I will also have some time to start (and finish) my Christmas shopping. But before that, it’s time for the MilSpouse Friday Fill-In again - thanks to Wife of A Sailor for being in charge again!
1. My favorite song of the season is I’ll Be Home for Christmas. I love the song even though it kinda makes me miss my family and friends overseas.
2. My husband is someone who inspires me because he is always there supporting and encouraging me, and lives up to the values that we both share. He is my best friend, hero and role model – all at once.
3. If I had $100,000 to give to a charity, I’d give it to … hmm, I would probably donate some to the Military Order of Purple Heart, and/or USO – both do awesome things for the service members and their families. And I would also love to give some as scholarships to the military spouses and/or children pursuing the advanced degrees.
4. If I had a theme party, I’d make it an afternoon tea party. Yeah, I love the English traditions.
5. If I had one wish for my kids/future kids/some young person I care about, it would be to wish them to live the life by enjoying it, doing things that matter the most, and remembering how precious every single day is.
This is my wish for you: Comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss your lips, sunsets to warm your heart, hugs when spirits sag, beauty for your eyes to see, friendships to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth, Love to complete your life.
– Author Unknown