It’s time for a new MilSpouse Friday Fill-In! And it is May. Up here in Alaska it looks and feels like summer is making its way to north. Even though we saw a few random snowflakes yesterday…. just random ones though! But let’s take a look at the past month by answering the questions that have been put together once again by Wife of A Sailor.
1. What’s one thing in the past month you would have changed? April was a great month but I would have greatly appreciated it not flying by super fast. Or maybe I would have needed a few extra hours here and there. April was the month of deadlines, papers and exams. On top of regular business travels in and out of Alaska. Hopefully May is slightly less hectic.
2. What was your favorite thing that happened in April? Melting snow!!! We had a super snowy winter this year, and we broke the snow record from 1955 here in Anchorage area. While shoveling snow is a superb workout, I am glad we are finally free of snow for a few
3. What are your plans for Memorial Day? Adventures, of course! Jason, Tassu and I are heading out to Wrangell-St. Elias National Park for Memorial Day weekend. Wrangell-St Elias is one of the largest national parks, bigger than the country of Switzerland. It is rather primitive area but a perfect spot for exciting adventures. We are thinking of taking a bush plane flight into the middle of nowhere, and do some backpacking and whatnot. Also, knowing my hubby, I am pretty sure some excursions around Kennicott Mine will be on our agenda.
4. Have you ever traveled Space A? If yes, where… if no, would you ever try it? Yep, just a short flight in L48. And look forward to doing some more! Too bad that full-time work limits my adventure opportunities. If I ever find myself in a position where I am free to hop onboard whenever I feel like it, I would be taking way more advantage of it.
5. What are you looking forward to in May? University commencement ceremony is this Sunday – how exciting! I am also looking forward to our trip to Mile-High City aka Denver and its vicinity in a couple of weeks, as well as the Memorial Day weekend adventures. And I already have some pretty neat business trips lined up for May too. Looks like another busy month in front of us…