Hello June! It’s time for a new MilSpouse Friday Fill-In… Hard to believe that it really is summer now. At least if you look at the calendar. We have had a few chilly days here in Alaska lately, and I am truly hoping June comes with sunny, warm days…
But let’s check out this month’s questions! Thank you to Wife of A Sailor - once again – for hosting this lovely tradition of getting to know fellow MilSpouses.
1. What’s one thing in the past month you would have changed? The weather… while we had a bunch of nice, sunny days, there were too many gray and rainy rays. After such a long, snowy winter it would be great to have looooong summer!
2. What was your favorite thing that happened in May? Last month was another wonderful month in our life. I had my university commencement, we had a great Memorial Day weekend in Wrangell-St. Elias National Park, a fun trip to Colorado ….
3. June includes the first day of summer… what are your plans for the summer? Quite a few Alaskan adventures: long backpacking trips, bear photography at McNeil River…. maybe a few trips to Lower 48 as well, in addition to my business trips.
4. Do you use the services on base (gym, financial planning, family services, daycare)? And if so, what’s your favorite one? Yep, I do, and love them! I am a real gym rat and work out on post once, sometimes twice a day. I also stop by at the library every once in a while, eat at DFAC when I am too lazy to cook lunch or breakfast at home… We also use the veterinary clinic on post for minor stuff such as vaccinations and dental cleanings.
5. What are you looking forward to in June? Sunshine! And our McNeil trip. I am also hoping that my schedule slows down a bit: recently it has felt like I am working 24/7, and at the same time I am running out of hours all the time. That being said, I also look forward to getting back on track with my Ironman training. I have been slacking like no tomorrow for past 2-3 weeks, thanks to all travels and about a million deadlines that hit me like a steam train. I hope to get my weekly biking miles over 200 miles/week, and running miles to 60-80 miles/week in June, and if not adding, at least keeping them there.