1. What is your dream job? I currently do engineering at a very awesome, wonderful corporation. And I absolutely love my job. However, I am daydreaming of completing my PhD and becoming a full-time university professor. I used to teach cryptography and computer science at the university years ago, and greatly enjoyed it….
2. If you had just won the lottery and didn’t need to work for money, what would you do with your time? At least I wouldn’t quit working. There is nothing more rewarding than having a successful, fulfilling career and being able establish oneself professionally. I would, however, take risky projects, maybe being a business angel, or doing more consulting.
3. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? I was always interested in scientific work and engineering. At some point I wanted to be a journalist, and have always loved writing.
4. What piece career advice would you give to someone just starting out in your field? Be ready to work very hard, always raise the bar for yourself and meet and exceed the goals you are setting for yourself. Most importantly, choose your career field based on the passion. If you don’t love, live and breath what you do, you will never be successful and the best.
5. Biggest Pet Peeves either in life or in blogging or at work? In the professional life have very little understanding for unmotivated people as well as I can’t stand people who can’t get things done. Generally in life, slow walkers are my huge pet peeve – especially when they wander in front of me. As well as people who read magazines on the strength training equipment at the gym. Also, people who are constantly late annoy me, just like the ones who frequently change the plans at very last minute. And even worse, email or text about cancellations: if you need to change the plans, have a courtesy to call.
6. Biggest Fears? I don’t really have fears but I live the life to the fullest – every, single day.