MilSpouse Friday Fill-In is here again! Happy New Year to all of you who are coming here through the link-up on Wife of A Sailor‘s Friday page! And if you are hanging out here, check her page, grab the questions, and join the fun!
And then to the questions….!
1. What’s one thing in the past month you would have changed? The month of December wasn’t too bad, just terribly busy with all the work and pleasure travels, holidays preparations and grad school finals. So a few extra days wouldn’t have been a bad thing! And I wish I hadn’t gotten sick on New Year’s Eve. That was a misery. I first thought I got cold after my trail run in ice cold water here in Alaska but afterwards I have started to believe I got a real flu. I don’t usually get sick and I don’t believe in flu shots, at all. This time my body was achy from head to toe, and I was seriously tired. Actually I was seriously considering of taking a sick day after New Year’s but eventually just sucked it up and handled my meetings. Well, five days later I started to feel a lot better, and by now I am annoying myself again.
2. What was your favorite thing that happened in December? Jason and I did quite a few trips in December, and I have a bit hard time to decide between San Diego, CA, and Boston, MA, which was our favorite. We also had a really, really nice Christmas although it was just two of us. We cooked traditional Scandinavian Christmas delicacies, I baked too many cookies – baking is fun but I don’t really like cookies a whole lot.
3. What are you looking forward to in January? The spring semester! I can’t wait it to start! I have been appointed as Adjunct Professor teaching at the Computer Science department, so I am excited beyond excitement this year.
4. What did you do for New Year’s Eve? Nothing. I was sick as a dog so I spent a good part of the New Year’s Eve on the couch until blankets and kept whining about my misery. I got up to cook and eat but was back to bed well beyond midnight…. Hopefully I am not getting old.
5. What are your hopes and wishes for 2013? This year will bring lots of changes. Teaching at the university, new home, hopefully I will become a horse owner, some travels and adventures, Ironman race(s) …… so I am truly looking forward to 2013 and all the exciting opportunities and memorable moments that it will bring. I am sure this will be another awesome year for Jason and I.