This week’s MilSpouse will be a double-post since I missed last week while enjoying the sunshine and wonderful weather in Hawaii with the hubby. We finally had our honeymoon, had a great time and pictures to follow …. as soon as I get that far. Before that I have to get done with a couple of midterms this Friday. Meanwhile, enjoy the answer to questions put together by always awesome Wife of A Sailor !
MilSpouse Friday Fill-In #60
1. I always feel like I’m 25 years old, but in reality, I’m a bit over 30 – uh-oh .
I tend to think that people as old as they make themselves to be. Even though I am already a bit over 30, I still have that craziness and innocence of a 25-year old.
2. I wish my family understood better when I tell them about the military life .
3. If you saw me when I am shopping pink lifting gloves , you’d think I was a total girly-girl, but if you saw me when I dead lift 325 lbs at the gym , you’d think I was a tomboy through-and-through.
Yep, I do wear pink lifting gloves and kick boys’ butts.
4. I feel like I’m in a totally different universe when I go to the university and see all the freshmen .
Sometimes I feel myself old ….
5. In honor of this being MFF #60… 60 months ago (exactly 5 years ago, so September 30, 2006) I lived in Seattle, WA, and my life was totally different because I worked for Nokia, lived a city girl’s single life and had just moved into a new home .
Five years ago I didn’t see myself living in Alaska, being married to an awesome man, working in another company, or looking towards the PhD degree. I was so set to be at Nokia forever, and dedicate my life for the company, like I had done since 1998. But it all started to change in 2009….
MilSpouse Friday Fill-In #59
1. My favorite thing that happened this week was the honeymoon in Hawaii .
We had absolutely awesome time on O’ahu, and I can’t wait to go back again.
2. Find a penny, pick it up and all day long you’ll … actually I wouldn’t pick it up .
3. Autumn is officially here and my favorite part of the season is awesome fall colors that are great subject for photographs .
4. One of the things I’d like to do before winter arrives is to do some more hiking without drowning in the snow .
While I do like winter and slightly wait for the snowboarding season, I am not too excited about being surrounded by the snow ….
5. I would be willing to participate in MilSpouse Secret Santa. (sorry folks, just trying to get an idea here on how many would participate)
I did it last year, and look forward to this year as well!