Where did June go? July already?! This month will be full of celebrations – starting with the Independence Day just in a few short days, followed by our wedding a week later, and then at the end of the month it’s time to celebrate my birthday, and Jason’s!
And here we are with the MilSpouse Friday Fill-In again, thanks to always awesome Wife of A Sailor.
1. Have you (spouse) ever considered joining the military and what do you think of dual military couples? (submitted by Project Army Wife) Yes, several times. I would join in a heartbeat if women were allowed to be in combat/special force units. The harder physical requirements, the more I would enjoy it. Dual military couples definitely do have the benefit of spouses understanding what each other is going through. On the other hand, depending on personalities, it may also lead into competition in a relationship when one gets promoted and so on. Just like in some civilian couples working in the same field.
2. What is your idea of a perfect Sunday afternoon? (submitted by A Few of My Favorite Things) A long run, bike ride, …. doing something physically active.
3. What do you usually do for the 4th of July holiday? (submitted by Anchor’s Away) BBQ or cooking with friends, backpacking adventures, or enjoying the 4th of July fireworks and other festivities while remembering all those who have made is possible for us to celebrate the Independency.
“Let freedom ring
Let the white dove sing
Let the whole world know that today is the day of a reckoning
Let the weak be strong
Let the right be wrong
Roll the stone away
Let the guilty pay
It’s Independence Day” — from song “Independence Day”
4. If they could make an Olympic event JUST for you that you know you’d medal in, what would it be? (submitted by Pants are Confusing) Hmm, I think I would pick up cycling, or triathlon. Or maybe cross country skiing in the Winter Olympics. But wait, they’re Olympic events already! :-) Outside of the regular Olympic event, I think maintaining stuff in order would bring me a medal. As well as foreign language learning skills.
5. What have you been doing to get yourself bathing suit ready for the summer? (submitted by Not Just an Army Wife) I don’t do anything special for bathing suit season per se but work out throughout the year…