Happy April! It looks and feels like spring – even in Alaska! Assuming that the weatherman is completely, completely wrong and we don’t get snow this weekend…. Since it is the first Friday of the month, it’s time for the Friday Fill-In, hosted by Wife of A Sailor!
1. What’s one thing in the past month you would have changed? March was a great month, nothing to be changed. We had a great time in Tucson, AZ, over the spring break week, and went to see Ice Sculptures in Fairbanks, AK. Work was busy as always, got quite a bit stuff done for my research project, …. but I would have needed a couple of extra hours here and there. It was pretty hectic when I had to grade students’ midterms, quizzes and homework within a week or so.
2. What was your favorite thing that happened in March? Our travels in and out of Alaska, like always. Hilton El Conquistador resort in Tucson was a great place to stay at – we were treated super good at the resort, had a blast. And look forward to going again! Yeah, we are travel addicts, big time…
3. What are you looking forward to in April? More travels. Are you seeing the trend here? I have some work stuff to do in Chicago, and will have a chance to see my super awesome in-laws. I’m already counting days to being on the plane again. I am also speaking in a couple of conferences, which is always a blast. Public speaking is fun, and one of the best things I know.
4. What is your favorite thing about Spring? Daylight! It’s so great to have normal 12 hours of daylight, instead of a few hours that we experience here in Alaska during the winter time. And melting snow is awesome too!
5. What is your ultimate guilty pleasure? Running. Nothing makes me happier than heading out for a long run. Or bike ride.