Saturday was such an awesome, exciting and wonderful day in our life. We said “I Do’s” in the Post Chapel at Fort Richardson, Alaska. I will write more about our wedding day a bit later – still exhausted after all the preparations and The Day itself.
But meanwhile, a few pictures of our beautiful wedding day:
Mr & Mrs K!
Happily Married! And surrounded by friends.
It has been one busy week! But it all will calm down after tomorrow when Jason and I say “I Do”. Yep, our wedding day is here! This week has gone by with no blogging but all kinds of crafting activities, and enjoying facials, new hairdos and whatnot. Still a few last minute things to do but I’ll take a couple of minutes for MilSpouse Friday Fill-In. Thanks Wife of A Sailor for putting this together once again!
1. Does your Significant Other read your blog? Why is this a good or a bad thing? (submitted by Mrs. Alana’s Miscellany) Yep, at least occasionally. He has even been actively working on our wedding section with all the tourist advice, and I am sure he occasionally glances through the blog too.
2. What is one item in your house that holds the most sentimental value and why? (submitted by The Albrecht Squad) Probably all the photographs — they are memories collected over the years, from some pretty awesome, wonderful places and adventures all over the world. A single sentimental item, however, would be my engagement ring. I love the man, and I love the ring. It reminds me every day about the happiness that we share.
3. When it comes to water fun in the summer do you prefer the beach, the pool, a lake, or the sprinklers? (submitted by The Turvo Times) Beach would be the best, followed by the pool. Too bad that Alaska is not the best location for water fun in the summer.
4. What is the one special thing that you do for yourself to get you through the first week of a deployment/separation? (submitted by A Creed and a Psalm) Maintaining the normal routines, so working, working out and just living the life.
5. What is your biggest guilty pleasure website? (submitted by Christine’s Little Blog) I don’t really have one.
…sucks. I am still kinda having the cold that I got for the weekend. So another no-go for workouts. This sedentary life is driving me nuts, and making it difficult to concentrate on anything. I tried to run today but after half a mile I started to cough my lungs out, and after 30 easy warm-up pushups I was out of breath. Not good since I normally do 80-100 without even breaking a sweat.
I will try to take it easy tonight but tomorrow morning I will have a date with my running shoes. No matter what. And I can’t wait to get back to crossfit as well. Meanwhile, I can browse through the Internet and look for cycling and running races to participate. Jason will so love me when he finds out what races I have signed him up for… And this little break of course gives me some time to come up with new
torture programs training plans not only for myself but also my Personal Training clients.
Sitting at my desk all day and night long can also be dangerous – all the new ideas are bouncing in my head. Playing with a thought of launching a charity run event. Thinking of kicking off a running group. Maybe for military spouses…? I was coaching a triathlon team when I lived in Lower 48, as well as was leading a running team for women only. It was a blast for everyone, and I still miss those wonderful ladies who I used to work out with, as well as they seem to miss me – despite all the pain and sweat I put them through.
Out of the curiosity, would you join a running group? Are you member of one?
What do you do when you can’t work out? Do you suffer from the withdrawal when you can’t work out?
They miss me. And I miss them. Tomorrow we are together. Hopefully.
What a long week…. working full-time, taking three university summer classes, planning wedding and trying to work out like a crazy maniac. So no wonder that on Friday night I started to feel not so great, and now I have a cold. Bleh. Time for some cold medicines and chicken soup. I am sure I will stay alive but would be so much more fun to enjoy the weekend, and not to feel like my head and ears were exploding. And I haven’t been able to work out for a couple of days, which makes me even grumpier. I can hear the running shoes calling my name, and I am so tempted to hit the road although I can hardly even breath. Maybe I should wait till tomorrow …
Oh well, time to stop whining.
Yesterday was such a good day. There was a Change of Command ceremony on post in the morning, and I was taking pictures of the event. The ceremony pictures are going through some processing so nothing to share with you yet but I did snap a picture of Jason while hanging out at the company area, and waiting for everything to get sorted out.
We also had a Friday night date yesterday, and went to the movies. Kung Fu Panda 2 was as good as the first one, even if not slightly better. We really did enjoy the movie, and can’t wait to get it on DVD. The Eastern wisdoms always make me miss the martial arts that I used to do in Lower 48. Kickboxing was more of a serious fighting and fast-paced while Kung Fu and Tae Kwon Do built me as a martial artist with the skills and attitude. Oh, how I wish I could continue those both here in Alaska.
“You’ve got to let go of that stuff from the past because it just doesn’t matter . The only thing that matters is what you choose to be now.” –Po, Kung Fu Panda
Another Friday, and we are already in June! This year seems to be flying by, and at the same time my task list keeps growing. Maybe one day I am able to catch up with it. So let’s take care of at least one task – Military Spouse Friday Fill-In, thanks to the wonderful Wife of A Sailor.
1. It’s now June (woot!)… what plans do you have for the summer? We have tons of hiking and outdoors plans, as well as I am thinking of running a marathon after the summer, so lots of running. I am taking a couple of summer classes at the university, so need to get those squared away – only few more weeks and I am done with them. Our wedding will take place in early July. Sounds like a busy summer ahead. Oh, and then we do have some out-of-state travel plans, probably heading to California, maybe D.C. too …
2. What is your favorite summer memory as a kid? In general long, never-ending summer vacations when the school was out! One of the best summers was probably when we had a bunch of ponies from a local horseback riding school on our pastures. I was able to ride, hang out with the ponies as much as I wanted.
3. If wild animals could be made pets without fear of them ever being dangerous, what kind of exotic animal would you want as a pet? Tiger or jaguar – big cats are pretty cool. Although I would like a koala too (even though they stink and they are not as soft as they look), or maybe a zebra.
4. Is there anything about deployments that you do like? (submitted by The Thrifty Military Wife) I can be cooking as healthy food as I want, and put all kinds of vegetables and fruits into the salad without thinking twice whether he likes them or not.
5. I’m starting to run out of questions again… so please give me a question you’d like to see (off-the-wall will most likely make it because we seem to have used a lot of the “traditional” ones). I wish I was better at coming up with the questions but how about “What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?”, “What’s your favorite thing to spend money on?”, “Do you enjoy working out? Why, or why not?”.