This week’s MilSpouse will be a double-post since I missed last week while enjoying the sunshine and wonderful weather in Hawaii with the hubby. We finally had our honeymoon, had a great time and pictures to follow …. as soon as I get that far. Before that I have to get done with a couple of midterms this Friday. Meanwhile, enjoy the answer to questions put together by always awesome Wife of A Sailor!
MilSpouse Friday Fill-In #60
1. I always feel like I’m 25 years old, but in reality, I’m a bit over 30 – uh-oh .
I tend to think that people as old as they make themselves to be. Even though I am already a bit over 30, I still have that craziness and innocence of a 25-year old.
2. I wish my family understood better when I tell them about the military life.
3. If you saw me when I am shopping pink lifting gloves , you’d think I was a total girly-girl, but if you saw me when I dead lift 325 lbs at the gym , you’d think I was a tomboy through-and-through.
Yep, I do wear pink lifting gloves and kick boys’ butts.
4. I feel like I’m in a totally different universe when I go to the university and see all the freshmen.
Sometimes I feel myself old ….
5. In honor of this being MFF #60… 60 months ago (exactly 5 years ago, so September 30, 2006) I lived in Seattle, WA, and my life was totally different because I worked for Nokia, lived a city girl’s single life and had just moved into a new home .
Five years ago I didn’t see myself living in Alaska, being married to an awesome man, working in another company, or looking towards the PhD degree. I was so set to be at Nokia forever, and dedicate my life for the company, like I had done since 1998. But it all started to change in 2009….
MilSpouse Friday Fill-In #59
1. My favorite thing that happened this week was the honeymoon in Hawaii.
We had absolutely awesome time on O’ahu, and I can’t wait to go back again.
2. Find a penny, pick it up and all day long you’ll … actually I wouldn’t pick it up.
3. Autumn is officially here and my favorite part of the season is awesome fall colors that are great subject for photographs.
4. One of the things I’d like to do before winter arrives is to do some more hiking without drowning in the snow.
While I do like winter and slightly wait for the snowboarding season, I am not too excited about being surrounded by the snow ….
5. I would be willing to participate in MilSpouse Secret Santa. (sorry folks, just trying to get an idea here on how many would participate)
I did it last year, and look forward to this year as well!