What a busy week it has been! I have been in Austin, TX, for a week now – in some work related meetings. And have had so much fun. Sounds crazy but I truly enjoy the 100+F weather, and can’t think about anything better than heading out for a run early in the mornings. No matter how sweaty I might get. The warm (and sunny) weather definitely beats Alaskan grey and rainy days at any time. But let’s look at the MilSpouse Friday Fill-In questions – provided by Wife of A Sailor , as always.
1. The best thing my parents taught me to do when I was a child was _________________.
… always do my best. Regardless the end result, it was important to do my best, and everything else was taken care of by itself. I still believe in this although aim to succeed no matter what – sometimes it may mean doing more than my best.
2. However, one thing I wish they did differently was _________________.
… I hope I had been pushed even harder to catch my dreams. I learned at older age how important it is not to give up, ever. But be persistent beyond persistent. And since I have always been a good student with minimal effort, it was easy to succeed and do my best. However, in some cases it is important to over exceed the goals and expectations.
3. One thing I’ve always wanted to try but haven’t is _________________.
….I would love to climb K2. Maybe one day. And I can’t wait to do my first, full Ironman race. I am pretty sure it won’t be my last though …. working on this goal.
4. One thing I never thought I’d try but I have is _________________.
…hmm, I have always tried everything I have wanted to try. Well, I didn’t see myself doing a bungee jump but I did. Didn’t really enjoy it. I got more excitement from jumping perfectly fine, working airplanes.
5. If I could give my 16-year-old self one piece of advice I’d tell myself _________________.
Believe yourself and your dreams. Nothing is impossible as long as you stay focused and not give up.